Tuesday, April 20, 2010

HEARD THE FIRST CALL

This morning, when I was listening for turkeys,I heard 3 quail giving the Bob White call for the first time this year (last year it was May 11th). I went turkey hunting Monday morning.I had two gobblers answer my call and one was coming my way when a lot of hens started calling and I guess he went their way.
I did a squirrel check Sunday - here's the pic. DSCN1077 This may be the last time I can handle them without a fight. Here's a picture of them in the box. DSCN1072They do their best to hide. Ed from Jersey came down Saturday and we opened up more area around the old house for a food plot.DSCN1065I moved the wood duck box that I had put at the ditch to the wetlands. DSCN1069I have ducks sitting on eggs in two boxes. I checked on them, the one at the pond by the cabin has eggs that are going to hatch any day. I got a picture of the fox families close neighbor. PICT1028Mr.Ground Hog.
I had to go to extreme measures evicting a sparrow from a blue bird house. DSCN1071

No comments:

Post a Comment