Wednesday, April 27, 2011

FIRST RED BUDS

Last week the red buds down the back lane bloomed for the first time.P4190010The trees were put in 3 1/2 years ago. P4190011This Sunday I saw a hen mallard with 15 or more ducklings that had just hatched. I didn't expect to see baby ducks this early. Then Monday I saw mother goose out for a swim with her babies.I went out to her nest and all the eggs had hatched. I checked my camera and had this picture.PICT2958Tuesday on our weekly jitney ride tour we saw baby wood ducks running across the water.The next morning I checked the box on the edge and they were hatch and ready to leave the box. P4270134They put their little heads down and didn't make a move. P4270133We road to the Taylor farm and checked out the old granary that I want to relocate to bobworld.IMG_0397Janey found us a garden snake.IMG_0403We drove within 1/2 mile of Mason-Dixon marker 30, near Sandtown - then walked the rest of the way in.IMG_0410

No comments:

Post a Comment