Wednesday, March 3, 2010

SHED HUNTING

Went across the road Saturday with the dogs and the 17. Didn't find any antler sheds. Got a squirrel and a snow goose. Janey treed the squirrel, it played hide and seek in the top of this oak. DSCN0399 I made a nice head shot. DSCN0400 There were about six snow geese feeding along the ditch on the way back to the woods. I shot one of them and Janey made the retrieve.Dakota just watched.DSCN0382I did find an old decoy along the stream .DSCN0398There must have been 100 mallards on the stream.
Sunday morning I looked for antler sheds in my woods and found this old one. DSCN0415
In the afternoon I got Judy to help me. Spent a few hours, must have walked 4 miles back in my woods. I found both of these within 10 yards of each other.DSCN0418DSCN0419 The ducks and geese have started using my flood pond now. There has been 50 Canada Geese and about 30 ducks on it most mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment