Thursday, September 23, 2010

ONE MISS

The Jersey hunters put on their war paint and the first arrow has flown.
On my ride around Bobworld Friday, I saw the first NJ pick up. It was Randy's, parked back where the hay bales were. I hunted in the stand at the end of the hedgerow behind the cabin that evening.
I wasn't in the stand long before a deer stared snorting and I could hear it moving but I couldn't see it. I stayed till dark, then went to check on how randy made out but he had all ready left. I heard for Ed that Randy saw doe's but didn't get a shot.Saturday I spent the morning clearing shooting lanes around all the deer stands. Ed,Milton, Mike and Michael were down for their first hunt Saturday. IMG_0779
Here's Michael - ready to go to his stand.IMG_0774He is using a compound bow. The story I got was he wasn't in the stand long when some doe's came by, he took a fifteen yard shot and shot low. Most everybody saw deer but no blood was drawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment