Monday, November 15, 2010

THE RUT IS ON

Last week I started seeing bucks out in the open with does.The breeding season has started and bucks let their guard down. I sat in the big stand with all but the youngest of my grandchildren one evening.We saw 4 does coming our way but they heard the kids talking and up went their tails.The kids got a lesson in keeping quiet.Then a big buck came out in the field a good ways away but didn't stay long.
Just before dark a doe came out but it was just too dark to shoot. PB110069Next time the kids are down I think one at time with me in the stand. We would have a better chance of getting at deer that way. Molly was the cook for us after the hunt. PB110071She and Nate like their steak as much as grandpa.They got a ride on the new 4 wheeler. PB100061We had to take them back home Saturday. Here's the little critter that went on the trip with mom and dad.PB130091I'm sure he missed his sister and brothers.PB130088.Saturday was youth day for deer hunting and Mike and his dad came.They spent Friday night at the cabin.PB120087Mike enjoys my cooking.I was gone Saturday but heard he saw some deer but didn't get a shot.Sunday I picked up the new cook stove. PB140104I put it in that afternoon. We had stir fry and apple pie for dinner. PB140129 Rick had just finished butchering the buck he got. The meat could not have been fresher.Cindy brought kasha - it is healthier for you then rice. George brought the Jim Beam - better then Pepsi.PB140133The stove has a big fire box and is air tight.PB140122It will hold a fire all night and puts out lots of heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment