Friday, November 16, 2012

RABBIT # TWO

On my lunch Wednesday Donald met me at the house and we hunted for an hour. We jumped two rabbits, the one ran from the cover down the path. Lily was high in a tree and came down fast. She was right on its' tail when I lost sight of them. I thought for sure I was going to hear the squeal but back in the tree she went.It wasn't long when she dove down in the field again but still no squeal. I found her on the ground - no rabbit.She got back up in a tree. We hunted a while longer, then I tried calling her down with the lure. She wasn't interested in coming to the lure.I didn't want to be late for work so I had Donald get me a live quail from my pen. When she saw it - down she came. We didn't hunt Thursday. Today's hunt went much better. We hunted the hedge row behind the cabin. Janey treed a squirrel and Lily went for it but it got to a hole. The dogs and I hunted down the hedge row, Lily moved along with us from tree to tree.I jumped a rabbit and Lily dove for it but there was a lot of cover and it got away.Lily got back up in a tree and we hunted on. I came to a small bush pile and gave it a hit. The rabbit ran out, saw Lily was watching she did a spin on limp and dove.I heard the squeak and new we had #two.NOV 16 2012 034

No comments:

Post a Comment