Monday, December 13, 2010

GOOD SATURDAY

The Mike and Mike team came down to hunt Saturday but didn't see anything.After the morning hunt little Mike helped me with some fire wood.PC110005We cut up and split a dead oak for cook stove wood. After the work was done I went deer hunting with Bill on his farm in Delaware. He has a farm across the the road from Bobworld.It was doe only shot gun season and he hadn't taken any does this year.I got up in a stand over looking a clover and corn field. Bill got in the stand on the other side of the field. At 4:15 out walks 13 deer - 12 antlerless deer and 1 spike. The spike looked like the one I see a lot on my side. They stayed out in the middle of the clover field out of range. My shot gun is really good out to 100 yards. It was nice watching that many deer. Then out came 11 more does and the buck from my side with half a rack.
Just before dark a few of the does started feeding my way and when the biggest one got within 100 yards I took the shot. I made a good shot and she dropped. The rest of the deer scattered and I heard Bill shoot. PC110011I walked out and checked out my deer. Bill came across to tell me he got a really big doe.PC110017We loaded mine and then his. We field dressed them and let them hang over night.PC110029 Bill's was a really big doe. I cut jaw bones to age them both.PC120039I cooked the meat off the jaw bones and made jaw bone soup.PC120069I really never tried it but the dogs love it over their dry dog food.

No comments:

Post a Comment