Friday, December 3, 2010

I PULLED THE TRIGGER

I got permission to leave work at 4:10 yesterday.I ran home grabbed my gun and got in my new stand.I have been watching lots of deer out of that stand since I put it up.
At 4:50 a nice size doe came out in the field by a herself. She started feeding on the wheat and slowly moved across the field. I got her in my scope and just as I was squeezing the trigger I saw a hunter walking out of the woods. I waited for him to get well out of the line of fire. I got the deer in my scope when the deer saw him and turned. I was afraid it was going get dark on me when she moved forward and give me a shot. PC020003
I heard the bullet hit her and she ran 20 yards and went down. Then 7 more deer came running across the field. My phone rang and it was Tim. He wanted to know if it was me that shot - he saw it all go down. He helped me load her into the truck.PC020029 I hung her from the tractor bucket and cut some steaks. Rick came by and we had real fresh deer for supper.PC020014
Pepper steak and rice.PC020018

No comments:

Post a Comment