Thursday, October 21, 2010

ONE COVEY FOUND

On my lunch time walk, Janey went on point and I flushed 5 quail. Last year at this time I had 2 coveys of 15 or more.I'm still hoping to find more but I know last winters snow was really hard on them. IMG_0783Their seems to be lots of rabbits and squirrels.I've only killed one squirrel and that was when I was waiting for the doves to start flying. I got Mikes' friend Matt to help me skin it. IMG_1173The doves that day came all at once. Bill is waiting here with his retriever Bear. IMG_1165His son Scott was using Dakota for his retrieves. IMG_1162This guy was in the box trap at the wetlands. They eat a lot of quail eggs and sometimes eat the birds on the nest. IMG_1265
Some of The Jersey guys came down last night for muzzle loading that starts today.
They made a crock pot full of Kielbasa. IMG_1283I plugged it in for them on my lunch break - they were staying in their stands all day.IMG_1300They were still partying when I went to bed. Hope they not sleeping in their stands when that big buck comes by.IMG_1285

No comments:

Post a Comment