Friday, January 21, 2011

RABBIT HUNTING

Calvin bought his dogs over Wednesday morning for a little rabbit hunt.
It was me, George, Calvin and six dogs against the bunny's.P1190006We jumped the first rabbit when we got to the woods.This was a clever bunny.I saw him coming my way when he stopped at about 40 yards and looked around and headed the other way.The dogs stayed on his trail.He took the dogs down to the bottom wet ground and kept making small circles. Calvin moved in on him and after a while I heard the shot.Calvin got him.
It wasn't long and the dogs were running anther one and he gave the dogs the slip.
I jumped #3 and got the dog on him. This rabbit made a small circle and came out to the edge and stopped about 30 yards from me.I waited a minute for him to take off and give me a running shot.I guess he was waiting on the dogs to get closer but I remembered I had my pistol.I put my shot gun down and got my pistol out of my holster and took aim at his head.I shot and missed 3 times, He just sat there but on shot #4 he did a flip and down he went. P1190012I hit him right behind the ear. First rabbit with my Ruger .P1190015Calvin jumped #4 and got the dog on him . Calvin got a shot on him but missed and he went by George and the rabbit wasn't so lucky this time.It was noon time and we headed back to the house. I jumped one more on the edge of the clover field on the way back. The dogs ran him back to where I jumped him where I was waiting. He gave me a nice fast running shot and I rolled him. That made #4 and I had to go back to work.P1190019

No comments:

Post a Comment