Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SQUIRREL DOG

Janey's become a good squirrel dog. This weekend Bill and I took a walk with the dogs
in the woods.Bill had his 22 and we weren't in the woods far when Janey started barking up a tree. I was the spotter, Bill the shooter. Bill knocked the first squirrel out the tree. P1020040Within no time at all, Janey was barking up another tree.I spotted the squirrel and Bill shot. This time the squirrel ran down around the tree right to me.I chased him back up. Bill would get a shot off at him and he would come back down again.That went on a few more times and then the squirrel went right past me and made a run for it on the ground. Janey had him before he got too far. P1020035Within a few minutes Janey had another one up a tree. Bill located it and shot. It came down the tree really crazy with good reason - the top of its head was missing. P1020041 I'm sure Bill could have gotten his limit of six but we ran out of time and had to get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment