Thursday, December 8, 2011

#4 & 5 BUNNYS

The grandchildren were visiting this week and wanted to go rabbit hunting with Keavy.
I got to take them a few times on my lunch hour. Friday Xander and I got #4. The two young boys missed it but Xander was in on the action. DSCN1111Saturday Rick and I went and Keavy made two good tries. The first was a good chase scene and the second she got some fur but no rabbit.Sunday was just me and the dogs. Keavy was on top of her game. She wanted a rabbit bad and followed along from the tree tops without a call from me. We hunted the field edge behind the cabin. We didn't jump a rabbit till we were half way around the field edge. As fast as I could yell rabbit I heard Keavy hit the ground hard. But no squeal from the bunny.I found Keavy on the ground with that disappointed look on her face. She got on my glove and I walked her out to the edge.I gave her a pitch and back up in a tree she went.DSCN0735The dogs where off on the rabbits trail. It had only been a few minutes and Keavy made a dive through the woods dodging trees and branches.Then came a squeal and I went running.I went in a little way and stopped to listen for her bells.I still can't believe how she could see that rabbit so far in that thick woods. When I got there she looked at me like she was saying come on help me hold this thing before it gets away . PC110035

No comments:

Post a Comment