Tuesday, December 27, 2011

#8

Saturday Mike and Becky finally got back to bobworld and we all got to go hawking.
Judy even came along and was beating the briers. We hunted all around the edge of the farm. Keavy followed us really well - Mike took some pictures.Take offWe didn't find a rabbit until we got back close to the house.Branch Dakota got one moving. Keavy made a dive for it.We heard her hit the ground hard but no squeal.It was a long ways out and behind some tall sumac and she missed. She took flight right away and circled the field and made another dive.I didn't here a squeal and when I got out to her she had that the disappointed look on her face.We had hunted for over two hours and then it was pizza time.PC240127All the grandchildren came for Mass and the Christmas Eve party. They all have their own look.PC240133We tried a real short hunt after pizza behind dads.But no rabbits found. The dogs did tree a big cat and Keavy flew over and checked it out.I called her down to the glove and called it a day.
It seems she's smart enough not go for bigger stuff. Last week I made the mistake of hunting too close to a home with chickens. She flew up in a big tree in their yard and checked out the chickens for a few minutes before I got her to come to me with the lure.I thought for sure I'd be paying for a chicken.No hunting Christmas Day - we went to Lori's house for the day. Played with the grandkids and went to the movies to see the Muppet movie with them.PC250096Monday we had off and Keavy got #8 rabbit with the help of Janey.The dogs found the rabbit under a stump - I flushed it out. Keavy made her dive and I heard the squeal and went running to it only to meet the rabbit running with Janey in pursuit. I could see the rabbit was hurt badly. Keavy came flying back in just as Janey grabbed the rabbit - they both had hold of it till Janey gave it up.PC260011

No comments:

Post a Comment