Wednesday, December 21, 2011

#7 RABBIT

It was raining a little so we hunted close to the house at lunch time today. Monday and Tuesday we hunted along the edge of the woods of the back field behind the cabin.Both days Keavy had made dives into this big brier bed after this one rabbit that was smart enough not to come out in the open. I'd only hear a big thud when she'd hit the ground. She'd work her way up out of the briers and fly back into a tree where she would wait for the dogs get the rabbit moving again. She missed him three times Monday and twice Tuesday. The dogs pointed the biggest covey of quail I'd seen in a long time. Last Saturday we hunted the woods across the road. We never jumped a rabbit but Keavy tried for two squirrels. Sunday we hunted down the back lane. Keavy made one dive into the cemetery but missed. Today our luck changed. I released her in front of the cook house and she followed me and dogs out the lane. Within 15 minutes I jumped a rabbit and Keavy was on him so fast I missed the flight.PC210104I put #7 in my bag and we went back to hunting. I was hoping for two but we ran out of lunch hour. PC210105This lunch time rabbit is going to be dinner rabbit. PC210112

No comments:

Post a Comment