Monday, January 23, 2012

19 &20

Saturday it was raining so I worked on the cook house. I had built shelves last week and needed a silverware drawer.I used an old coke case for the drawer.P1230153 I got that done, cleaned up some and decided to take the hawk out in the light rain. Tried hunting again at the cemetery down the back lane. We haven't gotten any rabbits from there yet. Keavy got in the big cedar tree, the dogs and I went into the thick brush. Janey got a rabbit moving and Keavy made a dive for it.She got hung up in the cover. The rabbit went into the field and Keavey got back in the tree. It wasn't long when she flew out into the field, hovered and dived. I went to her but she had missed. The field has great cover for the rabbits to hide in. I tried hunting the field but was getting really wet. I called Keavy down and went back home for waterproof pants.I decided to hunt the thicket by the wetlands next. Keavy got high in a corner tree. The dogs and I hunted through it to the end. We hunted the other side back and Janey started trailing one. Janey had worked her way out into the field. I followed along with Dakota - we hunted out a hundred yards and worked our way back. I jumped the rabbit and it headed for the thicket but Keavy nailed it. P1210133
Sunday I hunted down to my Dad's in a corner of the woods I hadn't hunted yet.
We jumped a rabbit in just a few minutes but Keavy missed it. The woods is open with lots of green brier patches. Keavy tried six more times before she got him.P1220136Keavy got a lot of dives in, good exercise for #20 rabbit.P1220137

No comments:

Post a Comment