Tuesday, January 3, 2012

10&11

Saturday Don, his son and grandson came over to see Keavy hunt.
We hunted our way around the field behind the cabin.I jumped one in big brier patch where Keavy had missed one a couple times.I only saw the rabbit for a second and Keavy came flying down the edge - she had #10.PC310045Keavy wasn't really into leaving that spot - I called her down to the glove.We tried one more spot and jumped a rabbit out in the field but she didn't see it.She may have been watching something in the woods. The rabbit was only out in the open for a second.I called her back with the lure and we called it a day.PC310063Home from the hunt - photo op and rabbit cleaning.
Monday Garry's grandson, Landen, got to see #11 rabbit go down. It was really windy so we went to Taylor's farm. The field around his clover has woods on three sides with good cover.We hadn't hunted long when I jumped a rabbit. Keavy hadn't moved from her first spot. I blew the whistle calling her to follow.It always amazes me how she can see the rabbit so fast.She came flying by Landen and me, went into the woods, made a sharp right turn and I heard the squeal. P1020123We put the rabbit in the bag and went back hunting but couldn't find another one.P1020127Hunt finished: Landen, Bob, Keavy, Janey & Dakota.

No comments:

Post a Comment