Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SATURDAY, SUNDAY AND MONDAY

Saturday I needed to cut some firewood so I went looking for a dead oak. I called the dogs,turned Keavy loose and headed for the back woods.Keavy followed along really good. Halfway down the path I found my tree. Keavy went after a squirrel that made it to a hole. I decided to move out to the edge and find a rabbit. Keavy was following well and then quit. I called her but she stayed looking down into a brier patch that I and the dogs had been through. I walked back and could see she had her eye on something.
I stepped in - out the other side went the rabbit.Keavy made a dive and a quick left and I heard the squeal.P1140056That evening I went to Taylor's deer hunting and got this nice doe.P1140084 Sunday I went back behind dad's house. Keavy was behind me, back about 75 yards, when I jumped one. The rabbit ran towards her. She dove down and missed, made a sharp turn and got him. P1150090 P1140071Monday on lunch break we hunted the ditch by the wetlands. I jumped one really quick - Keavy made a dive for it but pulled up and went to a tree. The dogs hunted for it and Keavy flew out into the field, hovering for a while and dove.She missed and went back to a tree.
Within a few minutes she flew across the field and dove, getting the rabbit.P1160114

No comments:

Post a Comment