Wednesday, January 25, 2012

KEAVY'S NIGHT OUT

Tuesday on my lunch break I went back behind dad's. Keavy was high in a pine tree.
The dogs and I were 25 yards from her when I heard her bells and then the sound of her smacking against a tree.I turned to see Keavy gliding down with a squirrel in her talons. She disappeared behind some holly trees.The dogs and I ran to the spot where I thought she'd landed but couldn't find her. After looking for a few minutes I thought maybe she dropped it and it got away. I started looking for her in the trees and got the lure out. After 20 minutes of calling her and swinging the lure I was getting worried. Then I saw four redtails soaring high above and really got nervous. I called Bill, my sponsor, he said she most likely had feed up on the squirrel and was sitting in a tree full and happy. I called work and told Judy I wouldn't be back on time. I looked for Keavy till dark.I was back at first light on Wednesday and hunted for her for an hour.I went into work for awhile and then headed back to the search. I was walking on the other side of the woods when I thought I heard bells. I stood there hoping I wasn't hearing things. Then I heard them again. I went into the woods a bit and heard nothing. Went back out where I heard them, looked up and there she was. Keavy was all feed up, sitting high in a tree, enjoying life. I took a few minutes and thanked God for answering my prayer. I put a big piece of rabbit meat on my lure that she couldn't resist and down she came.She was 42oz before the hunt, she weighted 56oz when I got her home!

No comments:

Post a Comment